Coating by Robot
Efficient coating saves material and improves quality
Coating by robot is used in the inline processes of INSTANTCOAT® and INSTANTCHROME®. Coatings used are: solvent based coatings, hydro coating and UV coating, in a multilayer structure as 1K- or 2K-coatings. With the INSTANTCOAT-INLINE-coating process we have developed a production cell which integrates all processing steps from plastic granulate to injection moulding, coating and packaging of the product.
Here, coating by robot is presented in highest efficiency. The coating robot by means of the self-developed spray unit coats the parts. Thereby up to 96% of the coating is saved. Achieving this optimum value was only possible by falling back on decades of experience. This was the only way to adjust nozzle design, distance from the object, coating speed and temperature setting efficiently.
● More regular coating thickness
● Better surface appearance
● Better coating adhesion (by parts guaranteed to be dirt-free)
● Saving of coating of up to 96%, by reduction of overspraying
● Time reduction in the production of coated parts with INSTANTCOAT from (before) several days to (now) approx. 45 mins.